CA Department of Motor Vehicles What DMV Does
DMV registers vehicles in California and licenses their drivers. This amounts to about 33 million vehicles registered and approximately 23 million licensed drivers.
Other major DMV functions include:
* Recording ownership (certificate of title) of the vehicles DMV registers
* Maintaining driving records (accidents and convictions) of licensed drivers
* Issuing identification cards for individuals
* Registering and recording ownership of vessels
* Licensing and regulating driving and traffic violator schools and their instructors
* Licensing and regulating vehicle manufacturers, transporters, dealers, distributors, vehicle salespeople, and dismantlers
* Administering the Financial Responsibility Law
* Investigating consumer complaints
* Maintaining records in accordance with the law
* Collects approximately $6.5 billion in revenues annually
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view some of the linked documents on this page. If you have problems with Acrobat Reader see the Adobe Troubleshooting page for possible solutions.
Estimated Fee Paid Vehicle Registration by County Report (PDF)
Driver Licenses Outstanding by County Report (PDF)
Department of Motor Vehicles Statistics (January - December 2010) (PDF)
Dmv-california-gov is a professional insurance adviser dedicated to giving you a secure peace of mind. Our people recognize the importance of finding a means to secure your quality of life. They do their job with all the care, warmth and clarity you seek in a consultant who is responsible for providing the best insurance for you, your family or your business.
We are a general insurer for the following risks: Biometric risk (ife and livelihood) such as disability, dependency, longevity and premature death. Cost risks (such as court costs, medical expenses) are covered by our legal expenses insurance and health insurance. Damage risks (such as fire, accident or theft) will be covered by other various insurance policies such as homeowners insurance, accident insurance, household insurance. Liability risks are covered by our various forms of liability insurance.
Visit our offices at , .
Department of Motor Vehicles